Monday, December 15, 2008

A Sunday Afternoon Project

Sundays are always a pretty laid back day around our house. I especially like to stamp on Sundays. Usually I am preparing for an upcoming class or workshop, or putting together left over kits from previous classes or workshops. Yesterday, however, my children seemed to have much energy (perhaps from the freshly fallen snow outside) so we decided to make a project for them to give their friends.

I rummaged through the pantry and pulled out a few boxes of hot chocolate packets, the bag of marshmallows, some Hershey's kisses, and a box of peppermint sticks. Grabbed some of my Stampin' Up! Cello bags - love those!, and some Christmas bows. I printed out a cute little poem for snowman soup and cut some 4x6 cardstock toppers for the poem. Then I realized my workshop on Saturday didn't happen (I ended up in the marshes off the road on my way to the workshop-that's another story) so I pulled out my workshop bag and used the already pre cut DSP to teach the kids how to make those cute little pouches. I did the embossing for the Merry Christmas Faux Metal label.

They proceeded to each make 5 little snowman soup sets. They filled the small cello bag with 3 kisses and 12 marshmallows then taped it shut and stuffed it in the pouch and placed a peppermint stick in next to the bag. Then they put the pouch in a medium cello bag with the hot cocoa packet and stapled on a topper, added the poem and a Christmas bow. Then the hard part was choosing which friends to give them to.

This was a fun simple project that kept them busy for about an hour and half putting them together, and then another half hour while they ran around and gave them out. Give it a try!

Here is the picture of our finished project, I know it isn't the greatest, but that's what you get when scanning a 3D project. Maybe one day we'll get the USB fixed on the comp so I can upload pictures! In the meantime, please for give the quality.

Maybe tomorrow I will put up a tutorial on how to make the pouches.

Oh, and I have heard several different versions of the Snowman Soup poem, the one I used came from OrganizedChristmas.com.

Snowman Soup
Was told you've been real good this year.
Always glad to hear it!
With freezing weather drawing near,
You'll need to warm the spirit.
So here's a little Snowman Soup
Complete with stirring stick.
Add hot water, sip it slow.
It's sure to do the trick!

No comments: