Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A Different Christmas Color Combo & Sneak Peak behind the sceens of being a Demo

Over the last week and a half of November, I spent some time preparing and planning for my December workshops. In preparing, there are always lots of different criteria (reasons) I choose the projects I do for demos and make and takes. For my first workshop in December, my hostess expressed an interest in scrapbooking, so for one of the make and takes, I wanted to design a 6x6 scrapbook page they could make, but for those who do not scrapbook, I wanted this page to be able to be converted into a 3x6 card. Sometimes that is easier said than done. I also had A LOT of textured Neutrals, so I thought I would try a combo using Basic Gray as the base color. This project also had to be Christmas Related-and my Christmas sets are limited this year. OH, and it has to be a fast project with only 5-7 steps. Wow, that's a lot of criteria! When planning a project like this (page that can also be a card) I find it easiest to start designing the card. So here is the first card I came up with.


I used Basic Grey Textured, Ruby Red, Old Olive, Bashful Blue, Brushed Silver Metallic, and Whisper White Cardstocks. Ruby Red, Old Olive Markers, Versamark Pad (for the poinsettias), Silver Cord, Scallop Edge, Scallop Square, 3/4 inch square punches and the Season of Joy stamp set.

Here is the card opened and now a Christmas Page.

It is not what I finally settled on for my projects. I will post them tomorrow after my workshop. I didn't end up going grey, but it was fun to think outside the box a bit for a color combo. Oh, and please forgive the crooked strip. I didn't notice how crooked it was until it was posted.

Have a fun Creative Day!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Fun idea! I love it, and I can't wait to see the one you decided on. :)