Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Leadership Swaps

Well, I am on my way to Leadership Training. I am so excited. Leadership offers training geared toward demonstrators who have built their businesses and hold a title of Sr. Supervisor or above. Leadership is a much anticipated event and I am so excited to be going with my uplines Sherri & Brandi, and for the first time a downline too, Heather, PLUS several sidelines.

Swapping is a standard practice at Stampin' Up! events and Leadership is no different. Swapping is where you (I) make XX number of and identical item-cards, 3D, Scrapbook pages, etc. Then you "Swap" with other demos. So you only make one design and come home with LOTS of ideas.

This year, I signed up for 3 group swaps. These are generally smaller groups that have a particular project in mind. I joined a No Layers Card Swap, a Mini Album Swap, and a 12 x 12 scrapbook double page spread swap

I am going to show you my swap for the Mini Album. I made an album that uses clear envelopes as page protectors. Here is the cover:


Each album also has to have at least 4 decorated pages in them. I was unsure of whether that meant 4 pages including front and back, or 4 page protectors. So I put in four "page protectors" and decorated each page front and back. Here they are:

















I used a variety of supplies in this project, including: Chipboard, rub ons, ribbon, punches, cosmo glitter, heat embossing, Clear buttons, the extra space from the sticky cut letters to punch out stars, not to mention the stamping. This was a fun project to put together. If you would like to learn how, I would be glad to to a mini class for you and your friends, you could even get hostess benefits!

No comments: